We love our work and happily do just about any kind of cleaning to help our customers. On the other hand, to maintain a high standard of quality, there are some limitations on what we can do.
1. We reserve the right to cancel any service, for any reason.
2. We do not assume liability for health and safety of your pets. While we are very mindful and careful about your pets, you are in the best position to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
3. Our maids exercise reasonable care when cleaning. We do carry insurance for damage or breakage caused by our maids. We are not liable for damage that is caused by “normal wear and tear”, improper installation of an item(s), or artwork, collectibles or family heirlooms valued over $200 and that is not disclosed during the time of making the appointment. If any damage or perceived damage is noticed after the maid(s) have left, the customer must notify Best in Class Maids within 24 hours of any problem that may have occurred at the address during that day and time of the scheduled cleaning. We will do its best to resolve the problem and come up with a reasonable solution. These items include but are not limited to the following examples:
• Carpet & Rug Snags – Carpet snags are the result of exposed loops caused by normal wear and tear, moving furniture, etc. which are snagged by a vacuum’s roller brush. In order to limit snags or fraying, we will try our best not to go near the bad areas of carpeting/rugs.
• Broken Blinds – Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time your blinds are cleaned. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun and aging, and strings/chords will weaken over time resulting in breaks.
• Improperly hung pictures/decorations/mirrors – If these items are securely/properly attached to the wall, they should not fall when the item is dusted/wiped.
• Artwork, Collectibles or Family Heirlooms valued over $200 – These items are expensive and/or impossible to replace. In that case, we do not assume the risk of cleaning such items. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform, in writing, of any item(s) that fall into this category.
• Woodwork, Vintage/Antique Wood Furniture, Un-finished & Furniture with Special Instructions – Please let us know during your booking if your woodwork, wooden furniture or vintage wooden furniture is not sealed or is made of another material other than actual wood. Please discuss your furniture care needs with specifications as per item if they need special attention in anyway. If you would like to supply your own cleaning product(s) for your specific piece(s) of furniture, leather furniture, pianos, etc., please notify us via email or mail of the preferred product(s) you will provide us with.
4. We need electricity and water! If your utilities are turned off, we will gladly reschedule to when they are back on.
5. We utilize 3-step ladders, which are sufficient to reach most 1st floor windows, ceiling fans, and upper shelves. Generally we do not climb higher than that – for liability reasons.
6. Again, for liability and health reasons, we do not move heavy appliances and furniture. We can clean around them and underneath, to the extent reachable.
7. If the home is in bad shape – broken glass, mountains of clutter, or “hoarder’s living space” – we can most likely bring it to a livable/ habitable standard. However, the end result will not be comparable with the level of cleanliness we can achieve on a standard home. Because of that, we will discuss this issue before starting the job and upon arrival onsite. We will photograph before and after for potential sharing and strategizing within our company on how to best approach the cleaning. We will neither keep nor distribute the photos for any other reason.
8. We will not clean animal feces and urine.
9. When retaining service by Best in Class Maids, you agree not to solicit for hire any staff member introduced to you by Best in Class Maids for any home-related services. We spend a lot of time and resources finding, interviewing, checking references and backgrounds, and training our maids. When hired, they sign an agreement barring them from performing any home related service for any of our past or present customers. However, if you do wish to employ a staff member directly please discuss this matter with the owner, Kia. If you are found to have solicited one of our staff, please be advised that our referral/training fee is $2,500. We consider our contractors and employees our most valuable asset and charge accordingly.
10. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Best in Class Maids and its subsidiaries, agents, licensors, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, owners, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of any cleaning services received by you and performed by Best in Class Maids’ representatives; (ii) any alleged or actual loss or damage to property (including your residence), resulting from the performance of the Best in Class Maids’ cleaning services.
11. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Best in Class maids does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for the cleaning services, including the cleaning services performed by Best in Class maids’ representatives, or any losses or damages that may result therefrom. The service, including our cleanings, are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the service is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, workmanlike quality, or non-infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, Best in Class maids, its subsidiaries, and its licensors do not warrant that the service is accurate, reliable or correct; that the service will meet your requirements; or that the service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure.