1. Always list out where you’re spending your money. The list should include all of your monthly expenses. Don’t forget to include that Starbucks run or the late-night drinks with friends. It is a technique to see which things you need to cut costs in the future.
2. Cut your beverage expense. Say goodbye to your expensive coffee. You can start making your coffee at home, place it in a flask, and then go to work.
3. It’s time for to exercise. If you leave not too far from work, 5 miles is not bad for a bike ride. You’ll save money and get fitter at the same time.
4. If you are looking to update your wardrobe, try shopping at the thrift store. The DFW has some really upscale consignment stores. My favorite store is REThreads. The items are always in good conditions and the prices are manageable. You can get designer items without going bankrupt.
5. Stack up some extra cash by selling your gently uses items on Offer Up. Offer up allows you to buy and sell everything from cars and trucks, electronics, furniture, and more. Alternative sites include eBay and Craigslist.
6. Save money by making your own lunch. A few minutes will take you in the evening to prepare your lunch for the following day, and it will be worth it since you’ll save approximately $100 a month and $1,200 a year.
7. On Sundays, take a few hours and prep some meals for the whole week. Also, if you enjoy smoothies, the fruits and veggies can be precut as well. Just place everything in the frig and you will be good to go in the mornings. This will save you time and money.
8. Limit pricy cocktail drinks. You may be the person who loves to have a night out with friends and have some drinks but try to go alcohol-free for a month or better yet enjoy some drinks before you go out and call an Uber or Lyft. 🙂
9. Keep your loose change in a jar and count it at the end of the month. You’ll be surprised by how much you can save. Also, some banks offer the ability to round up your purchase and move the money to a saving account.
10. Go ahead and cut the cord. Cable service can be super expensive these days. However, there are many options to get great service and a lower price. Start by checking out what AT&T TV, Netflix’s and Amazon Prime have to offer.
There are only two ways to save money. Make more of it or spend less of it. Happy saving from Best in Class Maids.